Here we provide a repository of the latest and greatest blog posts and articles all about Internal Developer Platforms (IDP). Wrote an amazing piece and like to have it included? Submit a pull request!
- Enter the Abattoir - Building a la carte gitops tooling Stefan Kolesnikowicz
- How we want to help to solve the four core IT problems by introducing the NoOps platform How NoOps/IDP can help to solve the core IT problems Cezary Olborski
- DevOps Engineer — Do you know who you want to hire? Problems with DevOps Engineer role definition Cezary Olborski
- Testing in Infrastructure as Code and why Terraform may not be the best option In this article, Maciej Raszplewicz shows how to write tests in the Infrastructure as Code world Maciej Raszplewicz
- How to Build Internal Tooling to Improve Your Team’s Shared Knowledge Stuart Corbishley explains how to build internal tooling to improve your team’s shared knowledge. Stuart Corbishley
- Why GitHub Built Their Own Internal Developer Platform In this blog-post GitHub CTO, Jason Warner, explains why and how GitHub built their IDP.
- Advocating for a Product Mindset within Platform Teams and How We Do It at HelloTech (Part 1) The Hellofresh engineering team explains why an IDP makes sense and how to get yours. Samantha Coffman
- The Rise of Internal Developer Platforms Chris Stephenson dissecting DevOps and why Internal Developer Platforms are a necessary consequence. Chris Stephenson (Humanitec)
- Puppet Releases Its 2020 State of DevOps Report In this blog-post InfoQ summarizes why IDPs are becoming a trend. Hrishikesh Barua (Stealth Mode Startup)
- Why Zalando Built Their Internal Developer Platform In this blog-post Jan Löffler explains why and how EUs biggest online retailer built their IDP.
- Effective storytelling for internal platform teams Rebecca Murphey explains effective communication for internal stakeholders. Rebecca Murphy
- Why Sport1 Built Their Internal Developer Platform Paolo Garri, Sport1 CTO, explains why and how Sport1 built their IDP.
- Platform Engineering Wichon explains the ins and outs of platforms.
- Highlights from KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2020 Now IDPs are becoming a trend. A successful conference and an exciting future Ara Pulido
- KubeCon NA 2020 Key Takeaways: Platforms, Safety, and End Users Ambassadors DevRel team explains why IDPs are everywhere and what KubeCon taught them. Daniel Bryant
- Your Internal Developer Platform Sucks Veteran United's platform veteran Alan Barr explains what you can do right now to come closer to your perfect IDP. Alan Barr
- Developer Velocity: How software excellence fuels business performance Statistical analysis on how you can relate engineering velocity to business outcomes. Shivam Srivastava, Kartik Trehan, Dilip Wagle, and Jane Wang
- Applying product management to internal platforms How to product manage Internal Developer Platforms.
- The 3 keys to scaling enterprise devops use Understand how IDPs help you scale DevOps.
- The Rise of Platform Engineering Nick Daigler
- My perfect AWS and Kubernetes role-based access control and the reality Great technical post about difficulties with making own role-based access control Maciej Raszplewicz
- What does it mean to have a good configuration for your infrastructure? Cezary Olborski about quality of infrastructure configuration Cezary Olborski
- Auth0 Internal Dev Tools: Unleashing Engineering Potential In this blog article, Jorge Fatta from Auth0 explains how to unleash engineering potential. Jorge Fatta (Auth0)
- The Joy of Internal Tools Learn more about the joy of internal tools from Slack. Greg Pelly & Mark Christian (Slack)
Other Resources #
- The Equal Experts Digital Platform playbook The folks of Equal Experts who have build plenty of IDPs share their insights on how to build.