Claim: Kubernetes made simpler for cluster admins, developers and managers
Focus: Gimlet is a set of tools that will get you an application operations platform on top of Kubernetes.
It is built on the de-facto tools of the ecosystem - Helm and Flux - and provides you with a golden-path, a set of best-practices, so you can focus on your task at hand. Without having to navigate the vast options the cloud native ecosystem offers you.
Core Component Support #
- Application Configuration Management
- Infrastructure Orchestration
- Environment Management (but not dynamic, based on Helm charts)
- Deployment Management (GitOps only)
- Role Based Access Control
- UI (User Interface)
- CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Does it require developers to have DevOps knowledge? limited
- Self-hosted: yes
- Orchestrator: Kubernetes
- Integration-Concept: Yml
- Setup time per app: 1 hour
- Source: open
- Total Cost of Ownership: Open-source.
- Adoption: Early days, adopt for limited, non-production purposes.