Claim: A modular workflow for Kubernetes
Focus: Gimlet helps teams build artificial cloud providers that developers can operate by themselves. It does not provide a full Internal Developer Platform as it lacks Application Configuration Management.
Core Component Support #
- Application Configuration Management
- Infrastructure Orchestration
- Environment Management (but not dynamic, based on Helm charts)
- Deployment Management (GitOps only)
- Role Based Access Control
- UI (User Interface)
- CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Does it require developers to have DevOps knowledge? limited
- Self-hosted: yes
- Orchestrator: Kubernetes
- Integration-Concept: Yml
- Setup time per app: 5 hours
- Source: open
- Total Cost of Ownership: Open-source. Tell us if you know the cost.
- Adoption: Early days, adopt for limited, non-production purposes.